Four days is not a lot of time to lose weight. Generally, people tend to lose one pound a week. However, this does not mean that you can’t lose a good amount of weight in four days.
It would take a lot of work, but with the right attitude and the correct combination of diet, exercise, and techniques, you can lose a substantial amount of weight in a four-day period.
How Much Weight Can You Possibly Lose in Four Days?
With the correct combination of diet and exercise, it’s possible to lose around a pound within a four-day period of time.
However, depending on how much you weigh to begin with, and the techniques you use to slim down, it could be possible to lose three or more pounds in around four days.
The National Institute of Health says that a combination of low-calorie eating and regular physical activity can lead to a weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds per week – or between 1/2 to 1 pound every four days.
If you eat a low-calorie diet – around 800 calories or less per day – you may find that you lose weight quicker.
How Can Some People Lose More Weight in Four Days and Some Can’t?
There are a number of reasons why some people lose more weight in four days compared to others. Some of these reasons are biological, whilst others are down to metabolism.
- Metabolism – Having more muscle mass requires your body to work harder to maintain that muscle, meaning you burn more calories at rest.
- Stress – How people respond to stress can impact how they lose weight. Some people eat more when stressed, while others eat less.
- Age – The older a person gets, the more likely it is that their metabolism slows down. This can make it harder to lose weight.
- Gender – Men’s dominant hormone is testosterone which is what helps build muscle and therefore makes it easier to lose weight. On the other hand, women’s dominant hormone is estrogen, the fat-storing hormone.
- Underlying Health Issues – A health issue like an underactive thyroid can slow weight loss.
Is There a Calculator that Tells You The Maximum Amount You Can Lose in 4 Days?
There are a number of calculators online that will tell you the maximum amount that you can lose in 4 days. All you’ll have to do is tell the calculator your:
- How much activity do you do per week
- Your current and goal weight
With this information, the calculator will be able to tell you how much weight you could potentially lose in 4 days.
Things You Need to Avoid Eating if You Want to Lose Weight in Four Days
Much of weight loss is about eating the correct food, so here’s what you should avoid eating if you want to lose weight in four days:
- Sugary beverages
- Baked foods
- French fries
- White pasta
- White bread
- Ice Cream
- Candy bars
Final Thoughts on Losing Weight in 4 Days
To summarize, by combining the correct types of diet and exercise, you can lose anywhere between 1 and 3 pounds in a four-day period.
Though it is important to note that there are many factors like weight, lifestyle, age, gender, and health conditions that can affect how much or little weight someone loses.
However, it should be noted that this type of extreme weight loss can be dangerous and should be exercised with extreme caution.