There are times when it seems like we need to lose weight quickly. Though it’s not healthy to lose a lot of rapid weight quickly, there may be times when you feel you need to shed a few pounds before a certain date.
For those looking to lose a certain amount of weight in three weeks but want to do it healthily, the question might come to mind of how much is healthy in three weeks.
When you talk to medical professionals, most will tell you that the safest amount of weight that you can use in a week is 1 to 2 pounds. That means if you’re looking at three-week. You can use anywhere between three and six pounds.
Of course, that depends on factors like age, weight, and physical activity levels, but this is the basic answer. Then, we want to go deeper into it so that you understand how to lose weight healthily.
What’s the Average Weight You Should Lose Per Week?
To figure out exactly how much you can lose over three weeks, you have to understand the average weight that is healthy to lose in one week.
Most medical professionals will tell you that this amount of weight is the right and most healthy option with a consistent workout routine and some dietary changes.
Of course, as we said in the intro, you could lose more if you are more physically active or even if you weigh a little more. People that have a little bit of weight burn calories faster, but on average, you tend to lose only one to two pounds a week.
What is the Most You Can Lose?
Now, we know that the average amount of weight you can lose healthily is one to two pounds a week. So, using math, we can then determine that the most you possibly could lose healthily are 3 to 6 pounds.
That being said, just like we said before, some people will lose more weight. This can be in part due to their diet or to the level of physical activity, they insert into their life period. On top of that, factors like weight and other things play a big part in that period.
What Does it Depend On?
We keep talking about the fact that certain factors can help you lose weight faster or slower. Here are some of the things that can affect the amount of weight you lose in three weeks:
- Current weight – To lose weight, you have to cut your calorie counts, and that means that if you’re heavier, you naturally eat more calories, period. By reducing the calories down, you’re going to never really eat less, and that’s going to cause you to lose weight faster.
- Lifestyle – If you’re looking to lose weight, you’re gonna have to make some live challenge changes and determine how many of those lifestyle changes can dramatically affect how much weight you lose.
- Hormone health – Hormones control everything in our body, so if they’re out of whack, you may find that it’s harder to lose weight.
- Genetics – There are select genetic codes that impact how you store your fat and how you can maintain your weight. If your family has any of these, you may find it more difficult to lose weight.
- Choice of physical activity – The more physical activity you have, the more calories you’re going to burn. So if you become consistent with a heavier workout routine and vary that routine up, you may lose weight faster.
- Sleep habits – Sleep affects everything we do. It is the time when our body repairs and rejuvenates itself. So if you’re having a bad sleep, you’re gonna have less energy, and your body is not going to be functioning properly, which could impact how much weight you lose.
- Age – our bodies and the systems within them change as we get older. So the older you get, the harder it is going to be to lose weight.
How many exercises Should You Do?
It really depends on the individual in question. But most physicians suggest at least 150 minutes of moderate exercise or 75 minutes of heavy exercise. Ideally, this will be varied daily so that you can build your stamina and strength.
If you are just starting out and may have some physical challenges, you may want to talk with your physician and see what they say. Of course, it is always OK to adjust the amount and the exercises you use. Just know that it may impact how fast you lose weight.
Foods You Need to Eat
What are the biggest changes you’ll have to make to lose weight no matter how long you’re looking to do this to change up your diet? First, it’s best if you try to devise a diet plan that works for you and that you can manage consistently.
To do that, you may want to look at adding specific foods to your diet, and here are a few that we suggest:
- Whole eggs
- Leafy greens
- Cruciferous vegetables
- Lean meats
- Beans and legumes
Final Thoughts on How Much Weight Can You Lose In Three Weeks
In the end, the healthy amount of weight you can lose in three weeks is between three and 6 pounds. This, of course, has to include the factors we discussed above, and that can mean that you lose less or even more depending on those factors themselves.
But, above all else, you need to lose weight healthily; otherwise, you may find yourself packing it back on rather quickly.